According to report a special court in Mumbai on Saturday issued summons to absconding liquor baron Vijay Mallya to appear before it on August 27. Meanwhile the order came following a hearing on a fresh plea filed by the Enforcement Directorate (ED). Further the ED has sought action against him under the Fugitive Economic Offenders Ordinance in the over Rs 9,000 crore bank fraud case.
Furthermore the prevention of Money Laundering Act Court Special Judge M.S. Azmi ordered issue of the notice to Mallya after taking cognizance of the recent second ED charge sheet and its application on June 22 seeking to invoke the charges against him under the FEO Ordinance. Moreover this is the first time that action has been initiated invoking the new Ordinance promulgated by the government to tackle fugitive bank loan defaulters.
Further if Mallya
currently holed up in the United Kingdom fails to honor the special court's
summons, he could be proclaimed a "Fugitive Economic Offender", and
all his properties can be confiscated. Moreover the special court has earlier
issued non-bailable arrest warrants in Mallya's name in the two main cases
lodged by the ED, but he has denied all charges against him. Previously last
week, the fugitive tycoon petitioned the Karnataka High Court to permit
him and his holding firm UBHL to sell their assets under its supervision to
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall