According to report a special court in Mumbai on Saturday issued summons to absconding liquor baron Vijay Mallya to appear before it on August 27. Meanwhile the order came following a hearing on a fresh plea filed by the Enforcement Directorate (ED). Further the ED has sought action against him under the Fugitive Economic Offenders Ordinance in the over Rs 9,000 crore bank fraud case.
Furthermore the prevention of Money Laundering Act Court Special Judge M.S. Azmi ordered issue of the notice to Mallya after taking cognizance of the recent second ED charge sheet and its application on June 22 seeking to invoke the charges against him under the FEO Ordinance. Moreover this is the first time that action has been initiated invoking the new Ordinance promulgated by the government to tackle fugitive bank loan defaulters.
Further if Mallya
currently holed up in the United Kingdom fails to honor the special court's
summons, he could be proclaimed a "Fugitive Economic Offender", and
all his properties can be confiscated. Moreover the special court has earlier
issued non-bailable arrest warrants in Mallya's name in the two main cases
lodged by the ED, but he has denied all charges against him. Previously last
week, the fugitive tycoon petitioned the Karnataka High Court to permit
him and his holding firm UBHL to sell their assets under its supervision to
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar