The Congress in Andhra Pradesh is making fresh attempts to revive the party in the State. The party had lost is leaders and cadre, besides the voters in the 2014 elections due to the bifurcation. The party candidates have lost their deposits in every election – starting from village panchayat to the Parliament. Its vote share went down to 2 per cent in the elections leaving no hope of its revival.
But, in the last for years, APCC president N Raghuvera Reddy and Rajya Sabha MP K V P Ramachandra Rao, have done a great work in keeping the party active with their fight for the special category status. Raghuveera Reddy kept the party alive and active across the 13 districts with his initiatives for the bifurcation issues. Starting from the signature campaign to the street level protests on the Special Category Status issue, Raghuveera Reddy kept on breathing new life into the party in the last four years.
In Delhi, Ramachandra Rao kept the special category status issue alive with his moves of introducing private member bill in Rajya Sabha and the series of discussions held in the Parliament.
Now, ahead of the elections, with Oommen Chandy taking over as the party incharge of the State, the leaders are looking towards those who left the party in 2014. They have visited former chief minister N Kirankumar Reddy and requested him to come back. Efforts are on to bring back former MPs Undavalli Arun Kumar, G V Harsha Kumar and Sabbam Hari, besides others. The party believes that the return of these leaders would help improve its base in the State in the next elections.AICC president Rahul Gandhi is giving more time for the Congress in Andhra Pradesh. It is said that Rahul Gandhi had asked the party leaders in the State to get in touch with every leader who left the party after the bifurcation and get them back to the party fold.
Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people Andhra Pradesh sources made a statement that Pawan Kalyan, who claims to be losing his revenue through films, is at again. Meanwhile this time, he publicly stated that he had given up Rs 100 Crore revenue per year in order to 'serve' people. Accordingly Pawan said he had floated Janasena Party to fight against injustice and corruption and Pawan said he sacrificed his filmy career for his politics.
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!