The Congress in Andhra Pradesh is making fresh attempts to revive the party in the State. The party had lost is leaders and cadre, besides the voters in the 2014 elections due to the bifurcation. The party candidates have lost their deposits in every election – starting from village panchayat to the Parliament. Its vote share went down to 2 per cent in the elections leaving no hope of its revival.
But, in the last for years, APCC president N Raghuvera Reddy and Rajya Sabha MP K V P Ramachandra Rao, have done a great work in keeping the party active with their fight for the special category status. Raghuveera Reddy kept the party alive and active across the 13 districts with his initiatives for the bifurcation issues. Starting from the signature campaign to the street level protests on the Special Category Status issue, Raghuveera Reddy kept on breathing new life into the party in the last four years.
In Delhi, Ramachandra Rao kept the special category status issue alive with his moves of introducing private member bill in Rajya Sabha and the series of discussions held in the Parliament.
Now, ahead of the elections, with Oommen Chandy taking over as the party incharge of the State, the leaders are looking towards those who left the party in 2014. They have visited former chief minister N Kirankumar Reddy and requested him to come back. Efforts are on to bring back former MPs Undavalli Arun Kumar, G V Harsha Kumar and Sabbam Hari, besides others. The party believes that the return of these leaders would help improve its base in the State in the next elections.AICC president Rahul Gandhi is giving more time for the Congress in Andhra Pradesh. It is said that Rahul Gandhi had asked the party leaders in the State to get in touch with every leader who left the party after the bifurcation and get them back to the party fold.
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites