Washington sources reported that the Food Switch app, developed by researchers from the George Institute for Global Health in Australia and Northwestern University in the US, asks users to crowd source information on new and changing foods to update its 268,000 product database in real time. Meanwhile with a tap of the screen, users can scan a packaged food's barcode, quickly see its nutritional rating and identify similar foods that are healthier.
Furthermore it provides a Health Star Rating that scores each food between 0.5 stars (unhealthy) to 5 stars (healthiest). As per report the scoring is based on a scientific algorithm that weights the impact of different nutrients on health. Moreover the app also provides a breakdown of the food's fat, saturated fat, sugars and salt in grams and gives a percentage of an adult's daily intake for each and this is shown as red, yellow and green traffic lights.
Furthermore the users also can compare multiple products in the same category,
such as regular and fat free salad dressing, to quickly determine which product
is healthier. Moreover if a user scans a bar code and the food is not in the
database, the app prompts the user to photograph the packaging, its nutrition
facts panel and ingredient list so the app's team can add it to the database. Further
Food Switch has already launched in many countries including India, China,
South Africa and Hong Kong.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code