The Punjab government has recommended the government to make the laws strict enough to impose death penalty as the punishment for drug trading. The Punjab government has sent a recommendation letter with the proposal for implementing this.
Yesterday, the Punjab state assembly was convened under the state chief minister Amrinder Singh. Post the conclusion of this session, Chief Minister Amrinder Singh had met the press and interacted with them, briefing on the decisions taken in the meeting. He had said that one of the important decisions taken in the meeting was to make Punjab a drug free state.
Besides, he had revealed that the
Punjab government will be taking necessary steps to emphasize the need of
punishments as strong as death penalty for drug trading, and the same will be
recommended to the central government for immediate implementation. Amrinder
Singh said that the government in Punjab aims to eliminate drugs from the
state, and a proposal to implement death penalty for drugs as a law in the
state, has been already forwarded to the central government for its approval.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code