Accordingly DMK Working President MK Stalin slammed Tamilnadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit for allegedly infringing on the autonomy of the state and said that he would personally wave the black flag at him the next time he conducts a ‘field visit’. Meanwhile when speaking at the DMK student-wing event in Karur on Saturday, he said that he is not the one to be intimidated by the imprisonment threats of the Governor.
He said “The Raj Bhavan has issued a statement threatening us with an imprisonment of seven years. He had seen many such threats and has been raised by Kalaignar and moreover has already said that in order to preserve the state’s autonomy, He is ready to be in jail for life and he is waiting for the governor to go on his next field visit and is going to wave a black flag there”. Moreover Stalin also said that the Governor ordered the arrest of DMK cadres in Namakkal after they demanded a CBI probe into Nirmala Devi case.
Furthermore around 200 DMK workers were remanded in
judicial custody for raising black flags during the Governor’s visit to
Namakkal district last week. Hence this was followed by a protest
led by Stalin in front of Raj Bhavan, in which he along with the cadre
were detained by the police, where they were protesting against the arrest of
DMK cadres in Namakkal the day before. Further Banwarilal Purohit has
repeatedly been accused by leader of opposition parties trying to
disrupt the state’s autonomy.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!