Spanish tennis player Feliciano Lopez, who has been playing grand slam events for more than 17 years, has surpassed legend Roger Federer. The top grand slam event of tennis, Wimbledon has just begun, and Swiss ace Roger Federer has entered the tournament with the mission to win the trophy for the 9th time in his illustrious career.
In such a situation yesterday, Feliciano Lopez, who's ranked 70th, won the first round match of the tournament, breaking Federer's record. Roger Federer had been holding the record for playing most grand slam matches, as he has participated in 65 consecutive grand slam matches, and yesterday by playing in Wimbledon, Lopez had broke the record.
Lopez, who had made his grand slam
debut in 2013, French open, has not missed any grand slam event so far, and
this Wimbledon match was his 66th grand slam appearance. The highlight is that
Feliciano Lopez has not entered into the semi finals of any grand slam, nor is
he into the top 10 rankings. Lopez has so far clashed with Federer 13 times,
and has lost in all the encounters, but for the first time, he has won Federer,
for a unique reason though. Lopez said he considers this success itself as a
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers