Spanish tennis player Feliciano Lopez, who has been playing grand slam events for more than 17 years, has surpassed legend Roger Federer. The top grand slam event of tennis, Wimbledon has just begun, and Swiss ace Roger Federer has entered the tournament with the mission to win the trophy for the 9th time in his illustrious career.
In such a situation yesterday, Feliciano Lopez, who's ranked 70th, won the first round match of the tournament, breaking Federer's record. Roger Federer had been holding the record for playing most grand slam matches, as he has participated in 65 consecutive grand slam matches, and yesterday by playing in Wimbledon, Lopez had broke the record.
Lopez, who had made his grand slam
debut in 2013, French open, has not missed any grand slam event so far, and
this Wimbledon match was his 66th grand slam appearance. The highlight is that
Feliciano Lopez has not entered into the semi finals of any grand slam, nor is
he into the top 10 rankings. Lopez has so far clashed with Federer 13 times,
and has lost in all the encounters, but for the first time, he has won Federer,
for a unique reason though. Lopez said he considers this success itself as a
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar