Chennai sources reported that the Tamilnadu government has proposed to install GPS devices on the vehicles carrying the essentials and also CCTVs will be installed at the godowns, State Food and Civil Supplies Minister R. Kamaraj has informed. 'About Rs 20 crore will be spent to fix GPS devices on the lorries transporting the essential commodities from the TN Civil Supplies Godowns to the fair price shops across the state.
Accordingly Mr. Kamaraj said “CCTVs will be installed at the TNCS godowns with an aim to contain pilferage and to ensure the ration cardholders receive the right quantity of rice, wheat and other essentials”. Meanwhile when winding up the debate on the demand for grants for his department in the Assembly, he said a modern control room would be set up to facilitate effective monitoring of the commodities.
Moreover he also announced constructing building
for 25 direct paddy procurement centres at a cost of Rs 12 crore for the
benefit of the Cauvery Delta farmers and said another Rs 12 crore would be
spent to provide drying yards at 100 paddy procurement centres in the Cauvery
Delta districts. Furthermore additional godowns with 1,000 tonne capacity each
would be established at a cost of Rs 1.5 crore each at Edappadi block in Salem
district and Bodinayakanur block in Theni district.
PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections Chennai sources stated that deputy chief minister O Panneerselvam announced on Tuesday the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) will support the AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in the forthcoming general elections. As per report the PMK will contest on six Lok Sabha seats and will be given one Rajya Sabha seat and the PMK, has a support base in northern Tamilnadu, especially among the OBC Vanniyar community.
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan