The Bharatiya Janata Party is now finding it hard to handle the Telugu Desam Party. Being in alliance for the past four years, sharing power and love for each other, the two parties have become foes now, ahead of the next round of elections.
The BJP leaders have petitioned Governor E S L Narasimhan against the TDP government in Andhra Pradesh. The BJP leaders found the failure of law and order in the State and the misuse of the government mechanism by the TDP against the opposition parties. The increasing crime against women is one of the issues that the BJP leaders found to substantiate their claim on the failure of law and order.
The BJP also finds itself uncomfortable with the TDP as the ruling party leaders are resorting to physical attacks on them. It was first BJP national president Amit Shah who was targeted by the TDP leaders at Tirupati two months ago. Last week it was BJP AP president Kanna Lakshminarayana who was attacked by the TDP activists at Ananthapurm. There are several other BJP leaders in the State who are kept under house arrest whenever Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu visits their areas. Some of the BJP leaders also feel the heat as the police are reportedly denying permission for them to hold meetings in different places.
The BJP leaders, in their meeting with the Governor, sought dismissal of the TDP government and wanted the Governor to recommend for the President’s rule. They felt that this highhandedness of the TDP and the failure of the law and order are the fit cases to dismiss this government.
While the demand for the dismissal of this government will turn into an advantage TDP as such a move would earn sympathy for Chandrababu Naidu, the BJP’s anger against the TDP is understood from the suffocation that the leaders are feeling due to the tough and strategic ways the TDP. Chandrababu Naidu is a known Machiavellian, there is no match for him in the AP BJP leadership.
It is to be seen how the BJP would go against the TDP in the State in the next few months as it gears up for the next round of elections.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers