According to sources the 56 year old Malappuram native Leela Mahendra Narayan died due to the altitude sickness in Simikot when she was returning from the pilgrimage, according to Mathrubhumi. Meanwhile the Minister for External Affairs Sushma Swaraj said that there are about 525 Indian pilgrims stranded in Simikot, 550 in Hilsa and 500 in Tibet side.
She wrote "Indian Embassy in Nepal has deployed representatives in Nepalganj and Simikot and they are in touch with the pilgrims and ensuring that food and lodging facilities are available to all the pilgrims. IndiansStrandedInNepal". Moreover the respective state governments leap into action when the news spread. Further Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu immediately started making inquiries into how many people from the state were stranded in Nepal, Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan said at least 36 people from his state were trapped near the China border.
Recently the Karnataka government said
that at least 250 pilgrims from the state were stranded, but the Indian Mission
in Nepal was in touch with them. Tamilnadu Fisheries Minister D Jayakumar said
that all those, who went for the pilgrimage from Tamilnadu, were safe. Furthermore
the families and friends of stranded pilgrims tweeted to Sushma Swaraj, giving
her details of where they were stranded and how much food and water was
available for them. Moreover the Karnataka government added that India is also
looking at using helicopters to rescue pilgrims in critical condition.
Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line Hyderabad sources added that in a bid to encourage more people to get drinking water tap connections in urban areas, the state government of Telangana drastically slashed the deposit amount to just “Rs One ”for the below poverty line families and to “Rs 100” for others as against present Rs 6,000 as quoted in a release. Meanwhile in all municipalities and municipal corporations, the BPL
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light
- Kotii Group - On the name of god celebrating 9th Anniversary
- When will Tamilnadu Districts be upgraded as Corporations?
- Know how to hide Caller ID when making call to Uber Driver