According to sources the 56 year old Malappuram native Leela Mahendra Narayan died due to the altitude sickness in Simikot when she was returning from the pilgrimage, according to Mathrubhumi. Meanwhile the Minister for External Affairs Sushma Swaraj said that there are about 525 Indian pilgrims stranded in Simikot, 550 in Hilsa and 500 in Tibet side.
She wrote "Indian Embassy in Nepal has deployed representatives in Nepalganj and Simikot and they are in touch with the pilgrims and ensuring that food and lodging facilities are available to all the pilgrims. IndiansStrandedInNepal". Moreover the respective state governments leap into action when the news spread. Further Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu immediately started making inquiries into how many people from the state were stranded in Nepal, Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan said at least 36 people from his state were trapped near the China border.
Recently the Karnataka government said
that at least 250 pilgrims from the state were stranded, but the Indian Mission
in Nepal was in touch with them. Tamilnadu Fisheries Minister D Jayakumar said
that all those, who went for the pilgrimage from Tamilnadu, were safe. Furthermore
the families and friends of stranded pilgrims tweeted to Sushma Swaraj, giving
her details of where they were stranded and how much food and water was
available for them. Moreover the Karnataka government added that India is also
looking at using helicopters to rescue pilgrims in critical condition.
Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter Los Angeles sources stated that President Donald Trump likely had a free speech right to make a Twitter comment disputing allegations by adult film actress Stormy Daniels, a federal judge said on Monday, indicating he was inclined to dismiss her defamation lawsuit against Trump. Meanwhile Daniels, whose real name
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!