The ruling Telugu Desam Party leaders have launched day-long protest at Visakhapatnam on Wednesday seeking railway zone. After the successful indefinite hunger strike at Kadapa for steel plant, the TDP leaders launched this protest for railway zone.
The railway zone and the steel plant issues have assumed significance among the people who are upset with the Bharatiya Janata Party for not fulfilling the election promises and the bifurcation benefits. Taking advantage of the unrest among the people against the BJP and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the TDP leaders are holding series of protests across the State.
The steel plant hunger strike by party MP C M Ramesh had helped the TDP to win some attention from the people. Now, in the same lines, the TDP is holding the protest. The party MP from Anakapalli, Avanti Srinivas, earlier in June, had announced that he would also launch indefinite hunger strike for railway zone.
However, the subsequent leakage of the video clip of the TDP MPs cracking jokes on the fasts had made him go back on indefinite fast. The impact of the video clip, where the MPs made fun of the protests for steel plant, railway zone and special category status, caused severe damage to the ruling party.
In an attempt to undo this damage, the TDP leaders have launched day long protest. The leaders are targeting the BJP for denying the benefits to the State and betraying the people. However, it is to be seen how serious people would take the TDP’s agitations in the State.
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?