According to report Delhi boy Mihir Jain weighed 237 kg at the age of 14. His weight affected his ability to walk or breathe properly and he had to undergo a weight reduction surgery. As per report the hospital has claimed that he was the "heaviest teen in the world with a BMI of 92 kg/m2" before a bariatric operation helped him shed over 30 kg. As per Doctor’s advice he had to lose 40 kg before he could even go in for surgery.
Dr Pradeep Chowbey, Chairman of Max Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery said "Mihir came to his OPD last December a wheel-chair and he couldn't believe his eyes as he was grossly obese; his BMI was 92 that are amazingly high. Moreover he wasn't able to open his eyes, as his face was puffy, and not able to stand properly. He said “When he learnt about his age, he was very much disturbed to know that he had reached this dangerous BMI in just 14 years”.
Further according to the hospital, Mihir, who stands a little over 5 ft
high (161 cm), now weighs 165 kg and the target, is weigh 100 kilos. Dr.
Chowbey said "Doctors performed a gastric bypass surgery, which restricts
the amount of food intake and also causes less absorption of calories and a
hospital spokesperson said the operation lasted 90 minutes. Moreover generally
with 92 BMI, the surgery one can think of is gastric sleeve, but we were
strongly in favor of gastric bypass as it is a gold standard procedure. Presently
he has now begun exercising and is looking forward to the day when he weighs
normal and goes to school.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day