According to report Delhi boy Mihir Jain weighed 237 kg at the age of 14. His weight affected his ability to walk or breathe properly and he had to undergo a weight reduction surgery. As per report the hospital has claimed that he was the "heaviest teen in the world with a BMI of 92 kg/m2" before a bariatric operation helped him shed over 30 kg. As per Doctor’s advice he had to lose 40 kg before he could even go in for surgery.
Dr Pradeep Chowbey, Chairman of Max Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery said "Mihir came to his OPD last December a wheel-chair and he couldn't believe his eyes as he was grossly obese; his BMI was 92 that are amazingly high. Moreover he wasn't able to open his eyes, as his face was puffy, and not able to stand properly. He said “When he learnt about his age, he was very much disturbed to know that he had reached this dangerous BMI in just 14 years”.
Further according to the hospital, Mihir, who stands a little over 5 ft
high (161 cm), now weighs 165 kg and the target, is weigh 100 kilos. Dr.
Chowbey said "Doctors performed a gastric bypass surgery, which restricts
the amount of food intake and also causes less absorption of calories and a
hospital spokesperson said the operation lasted 90 minutes. Moreover generally
with 92 BMI, the surgery one can think of is gastric sleeve, but we were
strongly in favor of gastric bypass as it is a gold standard procedure. Presently
he has now begun exercising and is looking forward to the day when he weighs
normal and goes to school.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers