According to report Delhi boy Mihir Jain weighed 237 kg at the age of 14. His weight affected his ability to walk or breathe properly and he had to undergo a weight reduction surgery. As per report the hospital has claimed that he was the "heaviest teen in the world with a BMI of 92 kg/m2" before a bariatric operation helped him shed over 30 kg. As per Doctor’s advice he had to lose 40 kg before he could even go in for surgery.
Dr Pradeep Chowbey, Chairman of Max Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery said "Mihir came to his OPD last December a wheel-chair and he couldn't believe his eyes as he was grossly obese; his BMI was 92 that are amazingly high. Moreover he wasn't able to open his eyes, as his face was puffy, and not able to stand properly. He said “When he learnt about his age, he was very much disturbed to know that he had reached this dangerous BMI in just 14 years”.
Further according to the hospital, Mihir, who stands a little over 5 ft
high (161 cm), now weighs 165 kg and the target, is weigh 100 kilos. Dr.
Chowbey said "Doctors performed a gastric bypass surgery, which restricts
the amount of food intake and also causes less absorption of calories and a
hospital spokesperson said the operation lasted 90 minutes. Moreover generally
with 92 BMI, the surgery one can think of is gastric sleeve, but we were
strongly in favor of gastric bypass as it is a gold standard procedure. Presently
he has now begun exercising and is looking forward to the day when he weighs
normal and goes to school.
HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan' According to sources Karnataka Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy would meet the public at his home office in the city centre only once in a month, instead every week. An official said on Thursday "Doctors have advised him to meet people once a month”. Meanwhile Kumaraswamy, 58, who underwent
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees