Chennai sources added that Tamilnadu government has decided to launch a unique app to inform the commuters about the time of arrival of the buses. Meanwhile also, on the cards is to prepare a road map to roll out electric buses for Chennai, informed transport minister M. R. Vijayabhaskar. Mr. Vijayabhaskar said on Tuesday “With the apps becoming essential in the present times, it has been decided to flex the technology to provide information to passengers on the arrival and location of the buses, at all the bus stops”.
Meanwhile when winding up the debate on the demand for grants for his department in the Assembly, the minister said GPS would be utilized to track the movement of vehicles. Accordingly each bus stop would be accorded a geo code for identification and the information could be accessed on a mobile app.
Furthermore, a road map for electric bus roll out for Chennai would be evolved
soon. Already, the Tamilnadu transport department has signed a Memorandum of
Understanding (MoU) with C-40 Cities Climate Leadership Group based in England
to manufacture electric buses. Moreover the C-40 would support the state
government in preparing the city road map, and set up required infrastructure
for the buses.
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites