Chennai sources added that Tamilnadu government has decided to launch a unique app to inform the commuters about the time of arrival of the buses. Meanwhile also, on the cards is to prepare a road map to roll out electric buses for Chennai, informed transport minister M. R. Vijayabhaskar. Mr. Vijayabhaskar said on Tuesday “With the apps becoming essential in the present times, it has been decided to flex the technology to provide information to passengers on the arrival and location of the buses, at all the bus stops”.
Meanwhile when winding up the debate on the demand for grants for his department in the Assembly, the minister said GPS would be utilized to track the movement of vehicles. Accordingly each bus stop would be accorded a geo code for identification and the information could be accessed on a mobile app.
Furthermore, a road map for electric bus roll out for Chennai would be evolved
soon. Already, the Tamilnadu transport department has signed a Memorandum of
Understanding (MoU) with C-40 Cities Climate Leadership Group based in England
to manufacture electric buses. Moreover the C-40 would support the state
government in preparing the city road map, and set up required infrastructure
for the buses.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!