Recently the SC has restored the power of Delhi state government and thus limited the role of Lieutenant Governor. Meanwhile in a crucial case related to the power tussle between the Delhi government and the Lieutenant Governor, SC has pronounced its verdict stating that the power lies with the elected government and L-G doesn't have any special or independent powers.
Accordingly a five judge bench led by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra made it clear that the L-G is bound by the aid and advice of the council of minister who is elected by people and who are answerable to the people. Moreover Justice D Y Chandrachud went further to say that the L-G had no independent authority of his own and recently the court also said that in a democracy, the real power must lie with the elected representatives of the people.
Furthermore it said that the LG is also bound to send files to the
President in case of differences of opinion, in exceptional matters and the
Apex court said the LG has not been inferred with independent decision-making
powers. He cannot act as an "obstructionist". Moreover the Supreme
Court added that the LG and the Delhi government have to work harmoniously. The
bench said “LG must realize that it is the Council of Ministers, who are
answerable to the people and he cannot stall every decision of the National
Capital Territory (NCT) government”.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam