Recently the SC has restored the power of Delhi state government and thus limited the role of Lieutenant Governor. Meanwhile in a crucial case related to the power tussle between the Delhi government and the Lieutenant Governor, SC has pronounced its verdict stating that the power lies with the elected government and L-G doesn't have any special or independent powers.
Accordingly a five judge bench led by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra made it clear that the L-G is bound by the aid and advice of the council of minister who is elected by people and who are answerable to the people. Moreover Justice D Y Chandrachud went further to say that the L-G had no independent authority of his own and recently the court also said that in a democracy, the real power must lie with the elected representatives of the people.
Furthermore it said that the LG is also bound to send files to the
President in case of differences of opinion, in exceptional matters and the
Apex court said the LG has not been inferred with independent decision-making
powers. He cannot act as an "obstructionist". Moreover the Supreme
Court added that the LG and the Delhi government have to work harmoniously. The
bench said “LG must realize that it is the Council of Ministers, who are
answerable to the people and he cannot stall every decision of the National
Capital Territory (NCT) government”.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day