According to sources Flipkart’s 100 million customers and around 100,000 sellers could be in for some better times, at least with regard to their needs for finance for making purchases is concerned. Recently the Indian e-commerce giant has announced that it is entering the fintech sector in a serious manner having applied for an NBFC license.
As per report Flipkart will then come to the rescue of customers on its platform who would want to make substantial purchases but are unable to do so for want of funds. Meanwhile according to the company, the segment of its customers without access to funding due to various reasons could be as high as 60%. Moreover Flipkart will aim to fill this gap and lend the amounts to facilitate the purchases and have a system to collect the repayments.
Furthermore apart from the lending vertical, there
have been talks of Flipkart wanting to foray into the insurance sector as well.
Even though in the long term the plan is to include all insurance products,
like life and general insurance. Accordingly Flipkart has plans to follow a
different path from the ones adopted by some of the existing players like
CoverFox or Bank Bazaar; the e-commerce company would not act as the aggregate
but would directly offer the loan products from its own balance sheet. Finally it
is learnt that Flipkart has already entered into arrangements with partnering
firms for the lending business, though their identities have not been
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018