Chennai sources reported that the Madras High Court has said the Tamilnadu government should consider giving policemen a day's holiday in a week like every government servant is entitled to, so that they too can spend time with their families. Meanwhile when a plea seeking abolition of an orderly system in the police force came up on Tuesday, Justice N Kirubakaran said, "Every government servant is entitled to a one-day holiday in a week so that they can spend time with their families, likewise why shouldn't the police personnel who don't get a weekly off?."
After having said this, the judge ordered the additional advocate General PH Aravind Pandian to get instructions from higher authorities in this regard and directed him to mention from which date onwards they would like to implement the instructions. The judge said "This court holds that the government should take a serious view of this matter in the interest of the police and take a decision and posted the matter to July 12”.
Furthermore during the hearing, the judge also
noted that the policemen were forced to work round the clock. Moreover they
face stress and mental agony so do their family members. Further stating that
this was one of the reasons for deviant activities of police officials, the
judge said conducive atmosphere should be created for the policemen as it would
help keep their morale high in the interest of society.
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day