Chennai sources reported that with the city police just started to heave a sigh of relief after curbing prevalent drag two-wheeler races in the city, auto-rickshaws had donned the role of giving a headache to the police. Earlier on Wednesday morning, motorists on Nemilicheri-Vandalur 400ft road in Poonamallee were in a dread after speeding auto-rickshaws darted past them.
Police said “Based on a tip-off, the Poonamallee traffic police have formed a special team to arrest auto drivers who indulge in racing on Wednesday early morning and patrolling was intensified in the area”. Meanwhile the police noticed six speeding auto-rickshaws and tried to stop them but the autos escaped the police. As per report the police, after a brief chase, arrested 5 auto drivers and the three drivers managed to escape.
Police said the arrested auto drivers were
identified as B. Suresh (36) of Tiruvottiyur, T. Sankar (33) of Padi, S. Baskar
(38) of Anna Nagar, B. Sathish (35) of Mangadu and N. Manikandan (38) of
Tiruvottiyur and “The auto race was conducted for 10 km and driver who wins the
race would have received Rs 5,000”. Further they also had seized 6
auto-rickshaws and a two-wheeler from them. The arrested persons were sent to
judicial remand and a hunt has been launched to arrest absconding three persons.
BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll Hyderabad sources made a statement that lawlessness prevails in AP as police and politicians trade in accusations and counter accusations, stated the BJP. Meanwhile Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha leader Mr. Vishnuvardhan Reddy said that AP was fit to go for early polls as there was a breakdown of constitutional machinery
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!