Chennai sources reported that with the city police just started to heave a sigh of relief after curbing prevalent drag two-wheeler races in the city, auto-rickshaws had donned the role of giving a headache to the police. Earlier on Wednesday morning, motorists on Nemilicheri-Vandalur 400ft road in Poonamallee were in a dread after speeding auto-rickshaws darted past them.
Police said “Based on a tip-off, the Poonamallee traffic police have formed a special team to arrest auto drivers who indulge in racing on Wednesday early morning and patrolling was intensified in the area”. Meanwhile the police noticed six speeding auto-rickshaws and tried to stop them but the autos escaped the police. As per report the police, after a brief chase, arrested 5 auto drivers and the three drivers managed to escape.
Police said the arrested auto drivers were
identified as B. Suresh (36) of Tiruvottiyur, T. Sankar (33) of Padi, S. Baskar
(38) of Anna Nagar, B. Sathish (35) of Mangadu and N. Manikandan (38) of
Tiruvottiyur and “The auto race was conducted for 10 km and driver who wins the
race would have received Rs 5,000”. Further they also had seized 6
auto-rickshaws and a two-wheeler from them. The arrested persons were sent to
judicial remand and a hunt has been launched to arrest absconding three persons.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam