The first budget from the JDS - Congress alliance ruling in Karnataka, headed by Chief Minister HD Kumarasamy was presented yesterday. The budget was presented by Chief Minister and finance minister HD Kumarasamy in the assembly. He had announced the dismissal of agricultural loans up to 2 lakhs in his budget presentation.
Due to this the government will face an additional expenditure of 34000 crores, and hence to meet the expenses, Kumarasamy has come up with another strategy. According to the strategy, petrol cess tax has been increased from 30 to 32%. Due to this the price of Petrol will be increased by Rs 1.14 per liter. Diesel taxes have been increased from 19 to 21%.
However, the prices of Petrol and
Diesel are lesser compared to neighboring states, said the Chief Minister. The
foreign liquor manufactured in India, will have an indirect tax of 4% increase,
and electricity tax has been raised from 6 to 9%. Post the Budget presentation,
Kumararasamy had said that the former CM Yeddyurappa had earlier said that he
will protest if the farming loans aren't dismissed, but Modi had not helped the
cause in any way. BJP was not efficient at all, and
even when the petrol and diesel prices were increased by the center, there was
none here to question it, and now these people don't have the rights to
criticize the measures he has taken to present a proper budget.
Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi According to sources seasoned politician Chandrababu Naidu whenever he gets an opportunity, he is cornering Modi on issues rather than indulging in personal diatribe. Meanwhile the other day, Naidu has cracked some brilliant satires on Modi's tall claims during the latter's foreign tours. Furthermore Naidu said he was delighted to see Modi's statement on Fintech at Singapore. Naidu said "Where
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name