The first budget from the JDS - Congress alliance ruling in Karnataka, headed by Chief Minister HD Kumarasamy was presented yesterday. The budget was presented by Chief Minister and finance minister HD Kumarasamy in the assembly. He had announced the dismissal of agricultural loans up to 2 lakhs in his budget presentation.
Due to this the government will face an additional expenditure of 34000 crores, and hence to meet the expenses, Kumarasamy has come up with another strategy. According to the strategy, petrol cess tax has been increased from 30 to 32%. Due to this the price of Petrol will be increased by Rs 1.14 per liter. Diesel taxes have been increased from 19 to 21%.
However, the prices of Petrol and
Diesel are lesser compared to neighboring states, said the Chief Minister. The
foreign liquor manufactured in India, will have an indirect tax of 4% increase,
and electricity tax has been raised from 6 to 9%. Post the Budget presentation,
Kumararasamy had said that the former CM Yeddyurappa had earlier said that he
will protest if the farming loans aren't dismissed, but Modi had not helped the
cause in any way. BJP was not efficient at all, and
even when the petrol and diesel prices were increased by the center, there was
none here to question it, and now these people don't have the rights to
criticize the measures he has taken to present a proper budget.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open