Reliance groups had made an announcement last year that they are venturing into the broadband market. Currently the company is testing the Jio Fiber facility in cities like Mumbai and Pune. However the official date of launch of Jio Fiber has not been revealed yet. In such a scenario, unofficial news of Jio fiber launch by the end of 2018, are making rounds.
With this, there might be a tough competition for Broadband majors. With only 10% test connectivity checked by Reliance, Jio Fiber is likely to be initially introduced and launched only in select cities like Mumbai, Delhi, and after several months, the service can be expected in other cities. With Jio fiber service, users can make use of 100GB for 3 months, at 10 Mbps speed, and for this, a security deposit of 4500 Rs is to be paid. This payment is for the data as well as the router offered.
The actual price of the router is
quoted at Rs 8000, but has been given to subscribers at an offer price of Rs
4500. Jio Fiber works on the technology of Optic Fiber Termination, and with a
single router, internet, landline phone, TV, Home automation and Home
surveillance can be connected. Jio Fiber will thus be a perfect foil for
service providers like Tata Sky, Dish TV. It is expected that Mukesh Ambani
might be soon announcing the official launch date of Jio Fiber.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018