Meanwhile in a relief to Thiruvananthapuram MP Shashi Tharoor, Delhi's Patiala High Court granted him anticipatory bail on Thursday in the Sunanda Pushkar death case. Moreover reports state that the bail has been granted on a surety of Rs 1 lakh and on the condition that Tharoor cannot leave India without the permission of the court.
Earlier Tharoor on Tuesday had filed for anticipatory bail in Delhi’s Patiala House Court. The Delhi police had filed a charge sheet against him in May this year under Sections 306 (abutment of suicide) and 498A (cruelty) of the Indian Penal Code. Accordingly Sunanda Pushkar was found dead in a hotel room on the night of January 14, 2014, in New Delhi. Previously on May 14, 2018, in response to the Delhi Police’s claims that there was enough evidence against the senior Congress leader in the case, he was summoned by a Delhi Court.
Moreover Tharoor had refuted the allegations,
calling them ‘baseless’, and had stated to the media that he “will continue to
vigorously contest these charges and maintain my steadfast conviction that
ultimately the truth will prevail through the judicial system that we are
privileged to have in our country.” Recently the police charge sheet claims
that Sunanda was harassed by Tharoor and was driven to suicide. Further under
section 498A, if found guilty, Tharoor can face 3 years imprisonment, while a
sentence of up to 10 years can be given under section 306.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?