Meanwhile in a relief to Thiruvananthapuram MP Shashi Tharoor, Delhi's Patiala High Court granted him anticipatory bail on Thursday in the Sunanda Pushkar death case. Moreover reports state that the bail has been granted on a surety of Rs 1 lakh and on the condition that Tharoor cannot leave India without the permission of the court.
Earlier Tharoor on Tuesday had filed for anticipatory bail in Delhi’s Patiala House Court. The Delhi police had filed a charge sheet against him in May this year under Sections 306 (abutment of suicide) and 498A (cruelty) of the Indian Penal Code. Accordingly Sunanda Pushkar was found dead in a hotel room on the night of January 14, 2014, in New Delhi. Previously on May 14, 2018, in response to the Delhi Police’s claims that there was enough evidence against the senior Congress leader in the case, he was summoned by a Delhi Court.
Moreover Tharoor had refuted the allegations,
calling them ‘baseless’, and had stated to the media that he “will continue to
vigorously contest these charges and maintain my steadfast conviction that
ultimately the truth will prevail through the judicial system that we are
privileged to have in our country.” Recently the police charge sheet claims
that Sunanda was harassed by Tharoor and was driven to suicide. Further under
section 498A, if found guilty, Tharoor can face 3 years imprisonment, while a
sentence of up to 10 years can be given under section 306.
Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front? Hyderabad sources reported that K T Rama Rao, who is the son of Telangana Chief Minister and TRS President K. Chandrashekhar Rao, also known as KCR, along with some other leaders of the party will hold talks with Jaganmohan Reddy, who is the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Assembly. Meanwhile this will be the first direct talks between the leaders of two parties since KCR floated
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India