According to sources Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy is a happy man this Wednesday afternoon. Meanwhile he joins Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to hail the Supreme Court's observations in regard to the Lieutenant General's role in the decision making process of an elected government in Union territories.
Reports added that Narayanasamy who has in the past, alleged L-G Kiran Bedi's interference in the functioning of his government multiple times, tells TNM that the Apex court's judgment applies to Puducherry too. Moreover he further emphasizes that failure to adhere to it could lead to serious consequences. Furthermore the political tensions between the Narayanasamy led Congress Government and LG Kiran Bedi have been simmering since her appointment in 2016.
Narayanasamy explained "The LG should not
interfere in the functioning of a government voted to power by people and she
should not obstruct the activities of the ministers and Chief Minister. This is
what even the court is saying”. Presently the SC judgment reiterates my stand. Moreover
the Chief Minister further expresses the belief that Kiran Bedi will not
overstep her authority in the Union Territory here after.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees