Karnataka CM HD Kumaraswamy who was keen on presenting a full-fledged budget instead of a supplementary budget as suggested by former CM Siddaramaiah, announced a Rs 34,000 crore farm loan waiver scheme on Thursday. Meanwhile the much anticipated farm loan waiver will nullify loans up to Rs 2 lakh per family taken from recognized financial institutions and defaulted up to December 31, 2017. Further, as an encouragement to the non-defaulting farmers, the farmers will credit the repaid loan amount or Rs 25,000 to them, whichever is less, announced the CM.
Accordingly the farm loan waiver was along expected lines after Kumaraswamy had himself promised to waive loans farmers within 24 hours of coming to power. CM Kumaraswamy has tried to balance the spending on farm loan waiver with increased taxation on fuel, alcohol, vehicles and power usage and this will certainly hurt the common man. Furthermore in order to meet a revised excise revenue target of Rs 19,750 crore, the budget has proposed Additional Excise Duty on Indian Made Liquor by 4% on all 18 slabs.
Moreover the taxation on consumption of electricity
increased to 9% and the rate of taxation on consumption of captive energy
increased to 20 paise per unit. Reports added the motor vehicle taxes have also
been increased by 50% based on square metre of floor area while sales tax on
petrol and diesel will be raised by 2%, which means that petrol and diesel will
be taxed at 32% and 21% respectively.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues