The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet is meeting this evening and is likely to take a decision on the on-going case in the Supreme Court on implementation of the AP Reorganisation Act 2014 for the two Telugu States. Telangana Congress leader Ponguleti Sudhakar Reddy had filed a case in the apex court for implementation of the Act and the Central government had filed two affidavits so far claiming that all promises were fulfilled.
In the second affidavit, the Central government categorically stated that the implementation of the special category status to Andhra Pradesh was not possible because of the recommendations of the 14th Finance Commission. The Central government also claimed that it had offered special package to the State, which was also duly accepted by the State government.
The TDP leadership, which is now rejecting the package and asking for the special category status is likely to take a decision on whether to implead in the case with its claims for the special category status. The TDP says that the 14th Finance Commission had never recommended against giving special category status to the State. Chandrababu Naidu is likely to discuss these issues with the Cabinet colleagues and tell them what made him to accept the special package offer.
Though Chandrababu Naidu had initially accepted for the special package and gave up the claim for the special category status, he had to reverse his decision with the increasing pressure from the people and the issue becoming a sentimental one. The special category status had become the election issue with all parties taking it up and the people rallying around.
The increasing demand of the people for the special category status had made the TDP chief to drop the special package plan and go back to the special category status demand. He is likely to justify his stand on the issue and get the Cabinet approval for his next move.
Apollo's shocker on CCTV! The Chennai Apollo hospital management has given a shocker with their irresponsible statement that they had lost records of all the CCTV footage taken during the period when former Tamilnadu Chief Minister Jayalalitha had been treated in the hospital for 75 days. This shocking statement of Apollo management has sent shock waves across the political fraternity.
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!