Chennai sources reported that the doctor population ratio of India seems unhealthy as against WHO recommendation of 1:1000. As per report the recent statistics by health ministry under National Health Profile-2018 shows that a government doctor serves a population of 11,082. Meanwhile with the current population of around 127 crore, India has around 10,41,395 government doctors as per the latest statistics in the report. Meanwhile the ratio is even lower for government allopathic doctors as only about 11% of the total registered doctors serve the government sector.
Meanwhile 9,26,426 doctors are employed in private hospitals, only 1,14,969 are registered as government allopathic doctors. Accordingly a private doctor serves to a population of 1375, while the government doctor population ratio is 1:11,082. Presently the burden on government doctors is higher because a large population depends on government hospitals due to its affordability.
Even though pass percentage of students Tamilnadu was as low as 39.55 in
undergraduates Neet this year, the state has an adequate doctor population
ratio of 1:921. Furthermore the state is ahead of national figures and has
eight doctors per 10,000 people and proving to be the medical capital Chennai
has more than 18 doctors per 10,000. Tamilnadu also has the benefit of Siddha
practitioners and major research institutes in the state.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018