Chennai sources reported that the doctor population ratio of India seems unhealthy as against WHO recommendation of 1:1000. As per report the recent statistics by health ministry under National Health Profile-2018 shows that a government doctor serves a population of 11,082. Meanwhile with the current population of around 127 crore, India has around 10,41,395 government doctors as per the latest statistics in the report. Meanwhile the ratio is even lower for government allopathic doctors as only about 11% of the total registered doctors serve the government sector.
Meanwhile 9,26,426 doctors are employed in private hospitals, only 1,14,969 are registered as government allopathic doctors. Accordingly a private doctor serves to a population of 1375, while the government doctor population ratio is 1:11,082. Presently the burden on government doctors is higher because a large population depends on government hospitals due to its affordability.
Even though pass percentage of students Tamilnadu was as low as 39.55 in
undergraduates Neet this year, the state has an adequate doctor population
ratio of 1:921. Furthermore the state is ahead of national figures and has
eight doctors per 10,000 people and proving to be the medical capital Chennai
has more than 18 doctors per 10,000. Tamilnadu also has the benefit of Siddha
practitioners and major research institutes in the state.
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?