New Delhi sources reported that retired engineer with Irrigation department Dontula Lakshminarayana said that a petition has been filed against the Kaleshwaram project in Supreme Court. Meanwhile the petition states that the project had been redesigned only to misuse the public funds and the Supreme Court will take up the case on July 9.
Moreover the retired engineer said the redesign was above the required total water storage capacity and it was only to waste public money. Furthermore even as the chief minister K Chandrashekar Rao was portraying the Kaleshwaram site as a tourist spot, the project with 19 reservoirs was being built over and above the desired capacity, the petition said.
As per report Lakshminarayana said that while the
storage capacity was 144 tmcs, the government was claiming to give 170 tmcs
"which is completely absurd." Meanwhile he observed that irrigation
projects consume huge budgets, and the government should not blindly redesign
them with commissions and contractors in mind and moreover he submitted in his
petition that a project whose cost was Rs 50,000 crores, in the name of
redesign has been hiked to Rs 90,000 crores.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!