New Delhi sources reported that retired engineer with Irrigation department Dontula Lakshminarayana said that a petition has been filed against the Kaleshwaram project in Supreme Court. Meanwhile the petition states that the project had been redesigned only to misuse the public funds and the Supreme Court will take up the case on July 9.
Moreover the retired engineer said the redesign was above the required total water storage capacity and it was only to waste public money. Furthermore even as the chief minister K Chandrashekar Rao was portraying the Kaleshwaram site as a tourist spot, the project with 19 reservoirs was being built over and above the desired capacity, the petition said.
As per report Lakshminarayana said that while the
storage capacity was 144 tmcs, the government was claiming to give 170 tmcs
"which is completely absurd." Meanwhile he observed that irrigation
projects consume huge budgets, and the government should not blindly redesign
them with commissions and contractors in mind and moreover he submitted in his
petition that a project whose cost was Rs 50,000 crores, in the name of
redesign has been hiked to Rs 90,000 crores.
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites