Chennai sources added that the Madras High Court has directed the Tamilnadu government to file a report on the steps taken to enforce the helmet and seat belt rule in the state. Accordingly the bench consisting of Justices TS Sivagnanam and Bhavani Subbarayan was hearing a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) on Thursday filed by a resident from Korattur that claimed more than 70% of the accidents happen due to the non-adherence to traffic rules.
As per report the bench granted the state government time till July 27 to file a report with details of the steps taken till date and the steps they intend to take in the future, to ensure that all two-wheeler riders including the pillion rider, wear helmets. Moreover reports also said that the judges sought to know the steps taken so far to ensure that seat belts are being worn by the drivers and the passengers in cars. Further they also wanted the police to look into the issue of vehicles using high beam headlights while driving on city roads.
Hence according to a report, the petition also
claimed that though the number of road accidents had come down from 4,500 in
2016 to 2,400 in 2017, these accidents must be completely prevented. Moreover the
counsel for the government said that steps are being taken for strict
enforcement of the law and that people who do not abide by it are being fined
heavily, the judges said steps must be taken to bring down the number of
accidents to zero.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers