Chennai sources added that the Madras High Court has directed the Tamilnadu government to file a report on the steps taken to enforce the helmet and seat belt rule in the state. Accordingly the bench consisting of Justices TS Sivagnanam and Bhavani Subbarayan was hearing a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) on Thursday filed by a resident from Korattur that claimed more than 70% of the accidents happen due to the non-adherence to traffic rules.
As per report the bench granted the state government time till July 27 to file a report with details of the steps taken till date and the steps they intend to take in the future, to ensure that all two-wheeler riders including the pillion rider, wear helmets. Moreover reports also said that the judges sought to know the steps taken so far to ensure that seat belts are being worn by the drivers and the passengers in cars. Further they also wanted the police to look into the issue of vehicles using high beam headlights while driving on city roads.
Hence according to a report, the petition also
claimed that though the number of road accidents had come down from 4,500 in
2016 to 2,400 in 2017, these accidents must be completely prevented. Moreover the
counsel for the government said that steps are being taken for strict
enforcement of the law and that people who do not abide by it are being fined
heavily, the judges said steps must be taken to bring down the number of
accidents to zero.
Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency? Accordingly Eluru' constituency is one sentimental seat for the people of Andhra Pradesh as this West Godavari capital carries the lucky charm that whoever wins as MLA at this constituency, his party will be in power throughout the state. Meanwhile that is the reason, some say, for Pawan Kalyan thinking to contest from here.
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple