Accordingly imagine if Batman was to come up to you and tell you off for jumping a red light or Spiderman were to swoop down and remind you to wear your seatbelt. Meanwhile the commuters in Chennai were in for a ride on June 24 when Batman, Spiderman and Superman descended upon the roads of Chennai Anna Nagar signal to be specific to save the day.
As per report Thozhan, a Chennai based NGO, hatched a plan to get superheroes to inspire people into following traffic rules. “This isn't the first time we have done it, however and we have been doing traffic awareness campaigns since 2013. Previously we had volunteers dressed up as Yama Dharma Raja to do the same campaign. Meanwhile this time we have used superheroes,” smiles M Radhakrishnan, the co-founder of the NGO.
Radhakrishnan said “The first thing we tell them is
to stop at the stop line and this avoids congestion to a huge extent. We also
insist on people making sure their children are safe in the pillion, and not
sitting in front,” he begins, before elaborating on the number of road deaths
India sees every year. Furthermore the study listed Chennai as the city with
the most dangerous roads, as it recorded 7,486 accidents in 2016 alone. Moreover
he also admits that this campaign with the super heroes has been a major
success among children. “They found it very interesting and with children, the effect
is immediate and tends to question their parents if they stay away from
following these rules”.
Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport As per report officials at the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) explained that passengers who opt for a web check-in will be able to drop their bags without waiting in long queues and head directly to the boarding gate. A source at the airport told “The passenger needs to go to these machines placed at the counters of the specific airline and place the check-in luggage on the conveyor belt near the counter.
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!