Accordingly imagine if Batman was to come up to you and tell you off for jumping a red light or Spiderman were to swoop down and remind you to wear your seatbelt. Meanwhile the commuters in Chennai were in for a ride on June 24 when Batman, Spiderman and Superman descended upon the roads of Chennai Anna Nagar signal to be specific to save the day.
As per report Thozhan, a Chennai based NGO, hatched a plan to get superheroes to inspire people into following traffic rules. “This isn't the first time we have done it, however and we have been doing traffic awareness campaigns since 2013. Previously we had volunteers dressed up as Yama Dharma Raja to do the same campaign. Meanwhile this time we have used superheroes,” smiles M Radhakrishnan, the co-founder of the NGO.
Radhakrishnan said “The first thing we tell them is
to stop at the stop line and this avoids congestion to a huge extent. We also
insist on people making sure their children are safe in the pillion, and not
sitting in front,” he begins, before elaborating on the number of road deaths
India sees every year. Furthermore the study listed Chennai as the city with
the most dangerous roads, as it recorded 7,486 accidents in 2016 alone. Moreover
he also admits that this campaign with the super heroes has been a major
success among children. “They found it very interesting and with children, the effect
is immediate and tends to question their parents if they stay away from
following these rules”.
AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal! Justice AK Sikri has rejected the central government position at the Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT). CBI director Alok Verma was ousted from his post last week, with AK Sikri being an important member of the vigilance committee that was headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and this was the committee that decided to remove
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!