Chennai sources added that expelled DMK leader MK Alagiri said that genuine cadres were on his side and that a ‘non-working’ president is occupying the post of a president in Chennai. Meanwhile when speaking at the wedding of a DMK functionary in Palamedu near Madurai, the former South zone organizing secretary of the DMK, MK Alagiri was taking a dig at his brother and the party’s working President MK Stalin.
Moreover as per reports, he also said that those who are with the party in organizational posts are with them only for the posts and that the genuine workers are with him. Accordingly Alagiri said that the welcome given to him was similar to the one given by party cadres and that it confused him if he was attending a private function or a party function. Moreover these remarks could cause embarrassment to DMK which is aiming for a revival of its political fortunes after its continuous defeats in the previous polls.
Reports added the DMK had forfeited its deposit in
the RK Nagar bye-polls in 2017 when its candidate Maruthu Ganesh lost to TTV
Dinakaran and AIADMK’s E Madhusudhanan. Earlier MK Alagiri has enjoyed the
goodwill of party cadres in the low and middle level for his leadership and for
the way he has connected with workers at the grassroots.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?