Chennai sources added that a senior leader yesterday said the ruling AIADMK in Tamilnadu was in principle agreeable to the proposal to hold simultaneous polls to Parliament and state assemblies, but wants it to be considered after 2021 when the present state assembly's term would expire. Meanwhile senior leader and Fisheries Minister D Jayakumar told reporters here that this view had been conveyed through a letter to the Law Commission and it will be put forth again by AIADMK leaders during the panel's two day deliberations on the matter being held in Delhi from yesterday.
Moreover he was replying to a question on the consultations by the Centre on holding simultaneous polls and the Tamilnadu government's stand. Moreover he said "the tenure of the (present) Tamilnadu Assembly is till 2021" and hence assembly election should not be combined with the Lok Sabha poll scheduled for next year and the simultaneous polls in Tamilnadu may be considered in 2024.
Jayakumar said though the proposal to hold simultaneous polls to
Parliament and state assemblies was agreeable in principle for the AIADMK which
meant "toeing the line of Amma (late chief minister Jayalalitha)," it
can, however, be considered post-2021 Assembly polls. Previously the late
leader, had, however, flagged "some key issues" that had to be
addressed before the new mechanism could be put in place. Presently the Law
Commission is holding consultations at Delhi with all the national and state
parties on the feasibility of holding simultaneous polls.
4 Transgender offered prayers in Sabarimala Temple According to sources after much commotion over their entry into Sabarimala temple on Sunday, the four transgender women Anannyah, Renjumol, Thripthi and Avanthika finally climbed the hill and offered prayers at the shrine on Tuesday. Meanwhile dressed like any other woman Ayyappa devotee, the four wore a black saree, carried the irumudikettu (bag of holy offerings) and climbed the hill amid police protection, headed by Manoj Abraham IG.
- Kamalnath begins tenure with a bang!
- Dinakaran visits Sasikala !
- Protests again in Thoothukudi!
- Clearance given for Madurai AIIMS!
- Ola announced an investment of $100 million in scooter sharing network Vogo
- Polypropylene Bags exempted for Plastic Ban in Tamilnadu
- Authentication through Aadhaar permissible for mobile phone SIM cards & Banking purposes
- Will Rahul Gandhi stand for PM candidate against Modi?
- Rahul Gandhi as PM proposal kicked up storm
- City in Northern China banned Christmas sales & decorations to keep city clean
- Flight operations disrupted due to Cyclone Phethai in Coastal AP
- Court notices to Ratan Tata in a defamation complaint by Wadia Chairman
- Philippines bags Miss Universe 2018 Crown
- Pawan is becoming a sample for social media trollers
- Russian President Putin's calendar sales in Japan in peak