According to sources the general secretary of Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam (AMMK), TTV Dhinakaran expressed hope that the court verdict in the 18 MLAs’ disqualification case would turn out to be “positive” for his party. Meanwhile when speaking to reporters here while taking part in several functions on Saturday, he said, “We believe a positive verdict from court will come in the MLAs disqualification issue. Even if we are not successful, we are ready to contest in the by-elections.”
Further stating that the present AIADMK government had no clear majority to run the government, he said, “If the court verdict is against us, we will contest in the by- election for those 18 seats. We will come out successful in the election and the present government will then have to step down from office due to lack of majority.”
Moreover when commenting on the Salem to Chennai green corridor express
highway project, Mr. Dhinakaran said, “the project by destroying farm lands,
reservoirs and hills is not necessary for people and it is not the right way of
growth by destroying environment and farming. The former chief minister J
Jayalalitha did not permit any projects to be executed against public welfare
including hydrocarbon exploration schemes.”
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!