According to sources the general secretary of Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam (AMMK), TTV Dhinakaran expressed hope that the court verdict in the 18 MLAs’ disqualification case would turn out to be “positive” for his party. Meanwhile when speaking to reporters here while taking part in several functions on Saturday, he said, “We believe a positive verdict from court will come in the MLAs disqualification issue. Even if we are not successful, we are ready to contest in the by-elections.”
Further stating that the present AIADMK government had no clear majority to run the government, he said, “If the court verdict is against us, we will contest in the by- election for those 18 seats. We will come out successful in the election and the present government will then have to step down from office due to lack of majority.”
Moreover when commenting on the Salem to Chennai green corridor express
highway project, Mr. Dhinakaran said, “the project by destroying farm lands,
reservoirs and hills is not necessary for people and it is not the right way of
growth by destroying environment and farming. The former chief minister J
Jayalalitha did not permit any projects to be executed against public welfare
including hydrocarbon exploration schemes.”
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu