New Delhi sources reported that Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar on Saturday announced that JEE Mains and NEET the two national level engineering and medical entrance examinations will be held twice a year from 2019 by a newly formed National Testing Agency (NTA). Meanwhile the NTA was approved by the Union Cabinet in November 2017 as an autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions to bring in major reforms in the examination system.
Javadekar said "The National Testing Agency will conduct them this year and the same student can take the exam both times a year and the best score will be counted”. Meanwhile he said all examinations under the NTA will be online. "Accordingly Computer centres will be set up where students with no access to computers can practice from August-end or September."
As per report JEE Main exams will be held in
January and April while NEET will be held twice in February and May. Javadekar
told reporters the nodal agency responsible for JEE Main and NEET examinations
was the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). He added apart from
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main and National Eligibility cum Entrance
Examination (NEET), NTA would also conduct National Eligibility Test (NET),
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) and Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket