As per report the global software major Infosys' Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy on Saturday said the social arm Infosys Foundation offered to give Rs 200 crore to the Bengaluru metro network project. Accordingly he said "The Foundation's contribution will be used to build the Konappana Agrahara metro station and metro track of the Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (BMRCL)".
Meanwhile when appreciating the Foundation for its initiatives for the betterment of society, the Chief Minister lauded its chairperson Sudha Murthy for inspiring other corporate to follow it in discharging corporate social responsibility. Sudha Murthy, the wife of Infosys co-founder N R Narayana Murthy said "The Foundation will maintain the station for 30 years and contributing funds to the people needs gives pleasure in life”.
Moreover the metro service, which opened to the
public in 2011, currently comprises of two lines in its phase one green and
purple covering a mere 43 km of the 800 sq km city with ever-expanding suburbs.
Further the state has proposed an extension of the existing lines under phase
two, which is expected to be constructed by March 2023, wherein three
additional coaches, manufactured by the state run Bharat Earth Movers Limited
(BEML), were added to one of the metro trains on the east-west purple line,
with the first coach reserved for women and children.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue