As per report the global software major Infosys' Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy on Saturday said the social arm Infosys Foundation offered to give Rs 200 crore to the Bengaluru metro network project. Accordingly he said "The Foundation's contribution will be used to build the Konappana Agrahara metro station and metro track of the Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (BMRCL)".
Meanwhile when appreciating the Foundation for its initiatives for the betterment of society, the Chief Minister lauded its chairperson Sudha Murthy for inspiring other corporate to follow it in discharging corporate social responsibility. Sudha Murthy, the wife of Infosys co-founder N R Narayana Murthy said "The Foundation will maintain the station for 30 years and contributing funds to the people needs gives pleasure in life”.
Moreover the metro service, which opened to the
public in 2011, currently comprises of two lines in its phase one green and
purple covering a mere 43 km of the 800 sq km city with ever-expanding suburbs.
Further the state has proposed an extension of the existing lines under phase
two, which is expected to be constructed by March 2023, wherein three
additional coaches, manufactured by the state run Bharat Earth Movers Limited
(BEML), were added to one of the metro trains on the east-west purple line,
with the first coach reserved for women and children.
Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP? Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu makes regular visits to AP & Telangana Governor E.S.L Narasimhan to inform him of the challenges the state is facing in the aftermath of bifurcation. While it is protocol to apprehend the Governor on the developments and challenges in Andhra Pradesh as the head of a state, TDP cadre and the people of AP feel that these regular meetings with Narasimhan are futile.
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7