Hyderabad sources reported that finnish state owned company Fortum had set up two electric vehicle charging stations at Indian Oil outlets for the general public here. Accordingly Finland Ambassador to India, Nina Vaskunlahti, launched the facility by virtually charging an electric vehicle in real time located at Goldstrike Fuel and Services located at Raj Bhavan Road here and moreover another charging station was located at an outlet owned by Indian Oil at Begumpet.
Fortum India managing director, Sanjay Aggarwal said "Initially the charging stations are being set up at two retail outlets of Indian Oil on a pilot basis and thereafter it would be expanded to 50 outlets in a period of two years". Meanwhile when replying to a query, he said the company has plans to set up 150 to 200 charging points in the country in the near future and however, said the exact number would depend on number of electric vehicles sold in the country.
Furthermore a senior official of IOCL said the
Finnish company has tied up with it to set up charging stations in Hyderabad
region. Moreover when speaking at the ceremony, Telangana Principal Secretary
for IT and Industries, Jayesh Rajan offered sops to Fortum as part of the state
government's commitment to green energy.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018