Chennai sources reported that the Central government’s decision to conduct National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Neet) twice a year has faced strong opposition from Tamilnadu as the state government and opposition parties opposed the decision saying ‘six-month time period is short and it would ‘create confusion’.
Recently Union HRD minister Prakash Javadekar announced that the Neet and IIT-JEE would be conducted online and twice a year by the new agency called National Testing Agency (NTA). Moreover Tamilnadu school education minister K.A. Sengottayan said the state government’s stand was Neet should be conducted only once in a year. “The state government is yet to receive the official communication regarding the decision and they will take the issue to the notice of Chief Minister Edappadi K.Palaniswami and also raise it with Prime Minister Narendra Modi”.
Moreover he further said medical aspirants from
rural areas may not have computer knowledge and also wondered how the central
government did not consider it before deciding to conduct medical entrance test
online. Further he said urging the union government to withdraw the decision
and also to get the Presidential nod for two Neet bills passed by Tamilnadu
Assembly exempting the students of the state from the common medical entrance
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code