Chennai sources reported that the Central government’s decision to conduct National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Neet) twice a year has faced strong opposition from Tamilnadu as the state government and opposition parties opposed the decision saying ‘six-month time period is short and it would ‘create confusion’.
Recently Union HRD minister Prakash Javadekar announced that the Neet and IIT-JEE would be conducted online and twice a year by the new agency called National Testing Agency (NTA). Moreover Tamilnadu school education minister K.A. Sengottayan said the state government’s stand was Neet should be conducted only once in a year. “The state government is yet to receive the official communication regarding the decision and they will take the issue to the notice of Chief Minister Edappadi K.Palaniswami and also raise it with Prime Minister Narendra Modi”.
Moreover he further said medical aspirants from
rural areas may not have computer knowledge and also wondered how the central
government did not consider it before deciding to conduct medical entrance test
online. Further he said urging the union government to withdraw the decision
and also to get the Presidential nod for two Neet bills passed by Tamilnadu
Assembly exempting the students of the state from the common medical entrance
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees