Mahesh Kathi, the popular and controversial film critic has been banned by Telangana Police from entering Hyderabad for the next 6 months, as he had made statements hurting the religious sentiments of the people of the city.
The Telangana DGP Mahendar Reddy said that Mahesh's statements had impacted the normalcy of the city and hence he will not be allowed to enter Hyderabad for the next 6 months, under the Telangana's act of Prevention of Anti Social and Hazardous activities, 1930, and the police have also deported the critic from the city dropping in his native Chittoor. Previously, cops had also house arrested Swami Pari Poornananda who had planned a Darmika Chaitanya Yatra, as they suspected anti-social activities in the name of the Yatra, which might trouble the public.
It all began when Kathi Mahesh had
made derogatory statements in a TV show against Lord Rama and Sita, where he
said Lord Rama as a cheater, and Sita must have stayed with Ravana.
Following this, there was a war of words between Mahesh and Hindu groups,
and the TV studio had also later received a notice for the telecast of such
controversial shows under section 295 A and 505.
Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction! Balapur Ganesh laddu has set a new record this year in the auctions as it fetched Rs.16.6 Lakhs! Srinivas Gupta of Arya-Vysya committee has owned the Laddu after a huge competition in this auction...
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!