Hyderabad sources added that the Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) will develop a heritage precinct along with continuous and wide footpaths for seamless pedestrian movement on a five kilometer Metro Rail stretch. Meanwhile HMRL Managing Director NVS Reddy and top officials inspected a stretch between Police Control Room and Rangamahal Junction in Corridor-I, which is to be developed as a 'heritage precinct", as per the Telangana government's instructions.
He said "Continuous and wide footpaths for seamless pedestrian movement will be developed in the entire stretch of 5 km, with a distinct heritage theme," adding in the next three months one will see initial transformation of this whole area. Moreover he said wrought iron/MS railings with heritage look, classic patterns of tiles and stone flooring, restoration of heritage structures and buildings, liberal usage of cobble stones, period street furniture and vintage looking electrical fittings interspersed with sculptures, art work, classical signage etc. will form part of the project.
He said “Multi-level car parking and other
facilities coming up at Nampally and Gandhi Bhavan stations will be seamlessly
integrated with MJ Market which will also be restored and moreover skywalks
connecting MGBS Metro station with MGBS bus depot on one side and the Old city
area on Chaderghat side will have state of the art facilities for seamless
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!