New Delhi sources added that the Supreme Court on Monday dismissed a plea challenging the Agra authority's order debarring non-residents of the city from offering Friday prayers at a mosque in the Taj Mahal complex. Meanwhile a bench of Justices AK Sikri and Ashok Bhushan said that the Taj Mahal is one of the Seven Wonders of the World and people can offer their prayers at other mosques also.
Accordingly the petition has challenged the January 24, 2018 order passed by the ADM (City) Agra which said that those who are not residents of Agra would not be allowed to enter the mosque situated at the Taj Mahal for offering customary prayers on Fridays on grounds of security.
Meanwhile the petitioner Syed Ibrahim Hussain
Zaidi, president of Taj Mahal Masjid Management Committee, Agra, told the bench
that several tourists visit Agra throughout the year and the order of ADM
(Additional District Magistrate) (City), Agra restraining them from offering
their prayers at the mosque inside the Taj Mahal was illegal and arbitrary. The
bench asked "Why for such prayers they should go to the Taj Mahal," adding
and there are other mosques also, where they can offer their prayers.
Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line Hyderabad sources added that in a bid to encourage more people to get drinking water tap connections in urban areas, the state government of Telangana drastically slashed the deposit amount to just “Rs One ”for the below poverty line families and to “Rs 100” for others as against present Rs 6,000 as quoted in a release. Meanwhile in all municipalities and municipal corporations, the BPL
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light
- Kotii Group - On the name of god celebrating 9th Anniversary
- When will Tamilnadu Districts be upgraded as Corporations?
- Know how to hide Caller ID when making call to Uber Driver