According to sources when top government officials salute the national flag anywhere in the world, women in a village at the other end of the country from New Delhi swell with pride. Meanwhile this is because Tulasigeri is home to India's only official flag-making company and because the local men have proved themselves not up to the job. Accordingly Annapurna Koti, a supervisor at the Karnataka Cotton Village Enterprise (KKGSS) said "The men were not as patient as the women and got the measurements wrong”.
Annapurna Koti said "They had to unstitch the cloth and re-do the time consuming process and they left after the fourth day and never returned." Moreover around 400 people work for the state owned company in the southern state of Karnataka, 2,000 kilometers (1,200 miles) from the capital, most of them women. Meanwhile the female employees perform all the intricate parts of the process such as spinning the cotton and weaving the thread into cloth on foot-powered looms. Moreover last year, they produced around 60,000 tricolors.
Nirmala S Ilakal, who has worked in the printing department for 15 years,
told “The guidelines in the national flag code of India and from the Bureau of
Indian Standards are strict, covering everything from the exact shades to the
stitching size and usually the piece is rejected if there is even the slightest
Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter Los Angeles sources stated that President Donald Trump likely had a free speech right to make a Twitter comment disputing allegations by adult film actress Stormy Daniels, a federal judge said on Monday, indicating he was inclined to dismiss her defamation lawsuit against Trump. Meanwhile Daniels, whose real name
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!