Sources reported from New Delhi that the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has warned of heavy rains in Kerala starting from Tuesday which will go on till the 17th of the month. Meanwhile the department has also predicted landslides and floods due to the rains. Furthermore as per reports, the state is set to receive 17 to 20 cm of rain from Tuesday onward. Heavy rains are predicted in the hilly regions, north of Alappuzha.
Accordingly the department has predicted landslides in certain regions which include Kottayam, Idukki, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozhikode and Kasaragod. Moreover the Kerala and Lakshadweep coasts will be hit by heavy winds of up to 35 to 40 kmph from the North-Western direction.
As per report even fishermen have been warned not to venture into the seas
for 24 hours starting from 2 pm on Tuesday, as high tides will be
expected in the western part of Lakshadweep and northern part of Arabian Sea
and all educational institutes which include schools and professional colleges
and Anganwadis and even CBSE and ICSE schools in Ernakulam and Wayanad
districts, will remain shut on Tuesday, owing to torrential rains
witnessed by the districts.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day