The most powerful Lokayukta bill 2018 was passed in the Tamilnadu assembly amidst much opposition, and protests from parties like DMK and Congress who doubted the strength of the law. However, the Lokayukta in general is a law, which enables even the right to question / investigate the Chief Minister of a state.
On the last date of the current session of assembly, the Lokayukta bill against corruption was passed. The Supreme Court had given a deadline for the passing of Lokayukta bill, and almost all the states have passed the bill, while TN has did the same with just a day left for the deadline to end. Last week when questioned by DMK leaders, Deputy CM O Pannneerselvam had answered that the Lokayukta bill will be passed in the current session itself. The Lokayukta bill was presented by minister Jayakumar, followed by a discussion and debate on the law, the sections it has and how effectively it can be implemented.
While 17 states had already passed
the bill, TN joins them as the 18th state. Even the chief minister is under the
jurisdiction of the law, and hence he can be brought for an inquiry using the
Lokayukta law as well, besides other minister and bureaucrats, besides the
release of the list of people inquired in public.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar