The most powerful Lokayukta bill 2018 was passed in the Tamilnadu assembly amidst much opposition, and protests from parties like DMK and Congress who doubted the strength of the law. However, the Lokayukta in general is a law, which enables even the right to question / investigate the Chief Minister of a state.
On the last date of the current session of assembly, the Lokayukta bill against corruption was passed. The Supreme Court had given a deadline for the passing of Lokayukta bill, and almost all the states have passed the bill, while TN has did the same with just a day left for the deadline to end. Last week when questioned by DMK leaders, Deputy CM O Pannneerselvam had answered that the Lokayukta bill will be passed in the current session itself. The Lokayukta bill was presented by minister Jayakumar, followed by a discussion and debate on the law, the sections it has and how effectively it can be implemented.
While 17 states had already passed
the bill, TN joins them as the 18th state. Even the chief minister is under the
jurisdiction of the law, and hence he can be brought for an inquiry using the
Lokayukta law as well, besides other minister and bureaucrats, besides the
release of the list of people inquired in public.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day