Sources from Tirunelveli stated that as over two months have passed since Sterlite’s copper smelter plant was closed in April, that many of the villagers living around the plant have started feeling the brunt of their yearlong protest that resulted in joblessness. Meanwhile the coastal community in Thoothukudi that never depend on any industry for their livelihood as the sea remains their major source of living, is strong in its stand against the private copper smelter plant.
Moreover when responding to the demands of the villagers around Sterlite, Thoothukudi district collector, Sandeep Nanduri said that the district administration has launched a new website, where the erstwhile employees of the copper smelter plant could register to get a job opportunity at the earliest. Accordingly the district collector explained that as per the recommendation of the high power committee the district administration has so far evacuated 1500 metric tonnes of sulphuric acid, 100 tonnes of phosphoric acid and around 600 loads of gypsum from the factory site.
Mr. Sandeep Nanduri added “Steps have also been taken to maintain
the green cover within the factory either by supplying water through TWAD board
or the Thoothukudi city corporation as per the recommendation of the high power
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar