Sources from Tirunelveli stated that as over two months have passed since Sterlite’s copper smelter plant was closed in April, that many of the villagers living around the plant have started feeling the brunt of their yearlong protest that resulted in joblessness. Meanwhile the coastal community in Thoothukudi that never depend on any industry for their livelihood as the sea remains their major source of living, is strong in its stand against the private copper smelter plant.
Moreover when responding to the demands of the villagers around Sterlite, Thoothukudi district collector, Sandeep Nanduri said that the district administration has launched a new website, where the erstwhile employees of the copper smelter plant could register to get a job opportunity at the earliest. Accordingly the district collector explained that as per the recommendation of the high power committee the district administration has so far evacuated 1500 metric tonnes of sulphuric acid, 100 tonnes of phosphoric acid and around 600 loads of gypsum from the factory site.
Mr. Sandeep Nanduri added “Steps have also been taken to maintain
the green cover within the factory either by supplying water through TWAD board
or the Thoothukudi city corporation as per the recommendation of the high power
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!