According to Nobel laureate and noted economist Amartya Sen, India spends just a little over 1% of its GDP on healthcare and this is leading the country into "a comprehensive healthcare crisis", to who has called for greater allocation on healthcare in India and highlighted what he calls "three general failures" in the country's healthcare segment.
Sen said "The fact that India allocates only a little over 1% of its gross domestic product on public healthcare contrasts sharply, for example, with nearly three times as much by China and they reaps as they sow, and cannot expect to get what other countries achieve by allocating much more resources as a proportion of their respective levels of the gross national product to healthcare". Moreover Sen has extensively written on welfare economics and social justice and in the given book, he also highlights the plight of patients suffering at the hands of "private caregivers".
Furthermore he says private clinics "will not budge" without
"the promise of payment". Meanwhile when noting that even though some
public services are offered freely, and Sen highlights that many critically
important services are denied unless the patient can cough up demanded sums,
which can be "un-affordable" for many underprivileged Indians.
AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP Accordingly the GO states that the CBI could, however, carry out its investigation on any Central Government officials or those belonging to Central institutions who are responsible for the offences only in conjunction with the Anti-Corruption Bureau. Meanwhile with this, CBI's entry into Andhra Pradesh to carry out investigation on any Central Government employees has been restricted completely.
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?