According to Nobel laureate and noted economist Amartya Sen, India spends just a little over 1% of its GDP on healthcare and this is leading the country into "a comprehensive healthcare crisis", to who has called for greater allocation on healthcare in India and highlighted what he calls "three general failures" in the country's healthcare segment.
Sen said "The fact that India allocates only a little over 1% of its gross domestic product on public healthcare contrasts sharply, for example, with nearly three times as much by China and they reaps as they sow, and cannot expect to get what other countries achieve by allocating much more resources as a proportion of their respective levels of the gross national product to healthcare". Moreover Sen has extensively written on welfare economics and social justice and in the given book, he also highlights the plight of patients suffering at the hands of "private caregivers".
Furthermore he says private clinics "will not budge" without
"the promise of payment". Meanwhile when noting that even though some
public services are offered freely, and Sen highlights that many critically
important services are denied unless the patient can cough up demanded sums,
which can be "un-affordable" for many underprivileged Indians.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!