Chennai sources reported that Indian National Congress President Rahul Gandhi met with acclaimed director Pa. Ranjith and when taking to Twitter to post a photo of the meeting on Wednesday, Rahul Gandhi wrote, “He met film director P A Ranjith the man behind blockbuster films like Madras, Kabali and Kaala and actor Kalaiyarasan, in Delhi yesterday and they talked about politics, films and society. He enjoyed the interaction and look forward to continuing our dialogue.”
Media reports added the filmmaker has directed only four films and he has taken the industry by storm with the socio-political commentary in his films. Furthermore when resenting a subaltern perspective through his filmmaking and exploring the uncomfortable realm of caste politics, the director has been vocal in his stance against the NEET examinations, among other pressing issues, which has been a point of contention between the state and the Central government.
Moreover the director’s fiery speech on the suicide of Anita, a Dalit girl
who fought against the one size fits all entrance examinations for medical
studies, went viral last year. Accordingly Rahul Gandhi’s meeting with the
director comes ahead of the former’s likely bid for the country’s top job in
the forthcoming 2019 Lok Sabha polls.
Special Focus Hide
4 soldiers die in a fight! Earlier yesterday morning, the defense forces had a gunfight with militants in terrorist prone Pulwama area in Jammu and Kashmir, and in this fight, 4 soldiers lost their lives. Today morning, the defense forces started an encounter operation against terrorists hiding in Pinglan area of Pulwama district.
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know