The Supreme Court has ordered Latha Rajinikanth, the wife of Superstar Rajinikanth to face trial in a fraud case of nonpayment of dues to an advertisement company. The court has ordered the proceeding of the probe, while stating that Latha will face the trial after filing of Charge sheet. Last week, Latha was called by the Supreme court for not abiding by the undertaking given to the court to pay 6.20 crores due to the company Ad Bureau, which had financed 10 crores for the animation movie Kochadaiyaan directed by Superstar's daughter Soundarya Rajinikanth.
Earlier in February, the advocate of Latha Rajinikanth had promised the court of payment within 3 months, failing which she will be personally pulled to pay the dues. However, her team of Ilam Bharathi Subbaiah and Balaji srinivasan has so far given only Rs 10 lakhs cheques. After a petition was filed by Ad bureau, the judgment that dismissed the criminal proceedings was withdrawn.
This issue has been existing since 4
years, and when Ad Bureau was given distribution rights for TN, with 12%
guaranteed profit. As per report by Ad Bureau, of the 14.90 crores due,
8.70 crores have been received, and Latha is yet to pay the remaining 6.20
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers