According to sources and according to updated World Bank figures for 2017, India has become the world's sixth biggest economy, pushing France into seventh place. Meanwhile India's gross domestic product (GDP) amounted to $2.597 trillion at the end of last year, against $2.582 trillion for France. Accordingly India's economy rebounded strongly from July 2017, after several quarters of slowdown blamed on economic policies pursued by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government. India, with around 1.34 billion inhabitants, is poised to become the world's most populous nation, whereas the French population stands at 67 million.
As per report manufacturing and consumer spending were the main drivers of the Indian economy last year, after a slowdown blamed on the demonetization of large banknotes that Modi imposed at the end of 2016, as well as a chaotic implementation of a new harmonized VAT regime. Presently India has doubled its GDP within a decade and is expected to power ahead as a key economic engine in Asia, even as China slows down.
Further according to the International Monetary
Fund, India is projected to generate growth of 7.4% this year and 7.8% in 2019,
boosted by household spending and a tax reform and this compares to the world's
expected average growth of 3.9%.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar