Thoothukudi sources added that the Thoothukudi judicial magistrate court directed police to register a case against MDMK general secretary Vaiko along with 30 of his supporters in connection with the attack by MDMK party cadres on a young advocate on court premises. Meanwhile the inspector of Thoothukudi South police station, who is reported to have been reluctant to register the case preferred by advocate G Jegatheesram of Poopalarayapuram, Thoothukudi, on court campus on July 6.
Accordingly the incident is said to have occurred on the afternoon of July 6 when Vaiko along with his party office bearers and lawyers came to attend the hearing of a case against him. Moreover Advocate Jegatheesram along with his petition produced before the court, a compact disc allegedly containing videos of the MDMK men attacking him.
Further advocate Jegatheesram accused Vaiko, his lawyers, M A Joseph
Shenguttuvan, Jothikumar, Thoothukudi city unit secretary of MDMK,
Murugaboopathy and 27 others. Reports added South police too received a counter
complaint from the Thoothukudi city unit secretary of MDMK, Murugaboopathy
against Jegatheesram and 10 others for using abusive words against the MDMK
general secretary and his supporters.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers