As per report from Dharmapuri, Tamilnadu Hogenakkal was closed for picnickers for the second day on Wednesday due to a surge in inflow into the Cauvery here following heavy surplus discharge from the upper riparian state. Meanwhile the inflow as measured by the Central Water Commission office at Biligundulu, the point from where the Cauvery enters Tamilnadu, was 35,000 cusec on Wednesday morning.
Accordingly it gradually increased to over 38,000 cusec and is expected to cross 50,000 cusec in the early hours of Thursday, because of huge discharge from Karnataka's dam. Reports added only 2 feet is left for the dam to fill and the upper riparian state is maintaining discharge level at 39,667 cusec. Even though there was no big discharge (3,612 cusec) from the KRS dam, Tamilnadu has chances to get more inflow from KRS if the dam's storage level touches 122 feet as against the present level of 115 feet as recorded on Wednesday.
Furthermore KRS gets water from the Harangi dam which receives an inflow
of 14,973 cusec and outflow from the dam was maintained at the level of 12,388
cusec to maintain water storage level at 2,857 feet against its full storage
capacity of 2,859 feet.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees