As per report from Dharmapuri, Tamilnadu Hogenakkal was closed for picnickers for the second day on Wednesday due to a surge in inflow into the Cauvery here following heavy surplus discharge from the upper riparian state. Meanwhile the inflow as measured by the Central Water Commission office at Biligundulu, the point from where the Cauvery enters Tamilnadu, was 35,000 cusec on Wednesday morning.
Accordingly it gradually increased to over 38,000 cusec and is expected to cross 50,000 cusec in the early hours of Thursday, because of huge discharge from Karnataka's dam. Reports added only 2 feet is left for the dam to fill and the upper riparian state is maintaining discharge level at 39,667 cusec. Even though there was no big discharge (3,612 cusec) from the KRS dam, Tamilnadu has chances to get more inflow from KRS if the dam's storage level touches 122 feet as against the present level of 115 feet as recorded on Wednesday.
Furthermore KRS gets water from the Harangi dam which receives an inflow
of 14,973 cusec and outflow from the dam was maintained at the level of 12,388
cusec to maintain water storage level at 2,857 feet against its full storage
capacity of 2,859 feet.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code