Hyderabad sources reported that the Telangana government will file cases against the media houses under the Telangana Prevention of Anti-Social and Hazardous Activities Act, in case of any violation of the Act hereafter. Recently the state government warned all the news channels against broadcast of content with provocative statements over sensitive religious issues, in the wake of the recent arrest of a spiritual leader, and it is worth mentioning here that the head of Sri Peetham of Kakinada Swami Paripoornananda and Telugu actor and movie critic Kathi Mahesh were extended from the city.
Recently the Telangana police extended the spiritual leader from the city for six months for allegedly making provocative statements, before booking Kathi Mahesh on Monday and extending him from Hyderabad city for six months. Moreover the Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar, it is learnt, has reported to the state government over the broadcast of debates on sensitive religious subjects and cited them as the reason for the controversy.
Furthermore the government ordered the Home
Ministry to take strict action in the event of such debates on TV channels.
Also, a special wing has been incorporated in the Hyderabad Police
Commissioner to track the TV channels.
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall