The central government has expressed that in the case regarding Masculinity, the Supreme Court can make its own decisions and that the government does not have any view on it. There have been lots of criticisms over the section 377 that makes masculinity a crime, stating that it is not fair and impacts the freedom of individuals.
In 2009, the Delhi high court had given a verdict that section 377 was not valid, and Masculinity cannot be considered as a crime, However, in 2013, the Supreme Court had pronounced a verdict that section 377 is valid, and added that the parliament can decide on removing section 377. Following this, numerous petitions were filed demanding removal of the section 377, and the second hearing of the case was held yesterday, and the central government additional solicitor general Thushar Mehta has said that central government leaves the decision to the court.
While speaking that it was the
individual's right to decide whom to live with, while also warning the supreme
court that if the decision was left completely to individuals, any man or woman
can even start living with their brothers or sisters. On the other hand, in
another case, the central government as per section 497 has insisted to retain
the law that makes a married person having bad contact with another person as
illegal, reasoning that it impacts the system of marriage.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers