Amaravathi sources reported that the Andhra Pradesh government had launched the much-awaited 'Anna Canteens' in various parts of the state. Meanwhile the Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated a canteen in Vijayawada to mark the launch of the program while, in all, 60 'Anna Canteens' were opened in the first phase across the state.
Accordingly the Andhra Pradesh government on Wednesday launched the much-awaited 'Anna Canteens' in various parts of the state. Reports added Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated a canteen in Vijayawada to mark the launch of the program while, in all, 60 'Anna Canteens' were opened in the first phase across the state and the Akshaya Patra Foundation will run these canteens.
Presently with polls just a few months away, the
government came out with a plan to set up 203 'Anna Canteens' across the state.
Moreover the state government is also making the canteens hi-tech by installing
CCTV cameras and other gadgets. Naidu pointed that "Once a person enters,
his fingerprint or Iris is captured for facial recognition and this will
prevent entry of fraudulent people," and appealed to everyone to donate
liberally to run the canteens so that more needy people could be provided food.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code