Amaravathi sources reported that the Andhra Pradesh government had launched the much-awaited 'Anna Canteens' in various parts of the state. Meanwhile the Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated a canteen in Vijayawada to mark the launch of the program while, in all, 60 'Anna Canteens' were opened in the first phase across the state.
Accordingly the Andhra Pradesh government on Wednesday launched the much-awaited 'Anna Canteens' in various parts of the state. Reports added Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated a canteen in Vijayawada to mark the launch of the program while, in all, 60 'Anna Canteens' were opened in the first phase across the state and the Akshaya Patra Foundation will run these canteens.
Presently with polls just a few months away, the
government came out with a plan to set up 203 'Anna Canteens' across the state.
Moreover the state government is also making the canteens hi-tech by installing
CCTV cameras and other gadgets. Naidu pointed that "Once a person enters,
his fingerprint or Iris is captured for facial recognition and this will
prevent entry of fraudulent people," and appealed to everyone to donate
liberally to run the canteens so that more needy people could be provided food.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open