Amaravathi sources reported that the Andhra Pradesh government had launched the much-awaited 'Anna Canteens' in various parts of the state. Meanwhile the Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated a canteen in Vijayawada to mark the launch of the program while, in all, 60 'Anna Canteens' were opened in the first phase across the state.
Accordingly the Andhra Pradesh government on Wednesday launched the much-awaited 'Anna Canteens' in various parts of the state. Reports added Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated a canteen in Vijayawada to mark the launch of the program while, in all, 60 'Anna Canteens' were opened in the first phase across the state and the Akshaya Patra Foundation will run these canteens.
Presently with polls just a few months away, the
government came out with a plan to set up 203 'Anna Canteens' across the state.
Moreover the state government is also making the canteens hi-tech by installing
CCTV cameras and other gadgets. Naidu pointed that "Once a person enters,
his fingerprint or Iris is captured for facial recognition and this will
prevent entry of fraudulent people," and appealed to everyone to donate
liberally to run the canteens so that more needy people could be provided food.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?