Indian sprinter Hima Das, has won a gold medal in the 400 m final of IAAF world athletics championships at Tampere, Finland, in the under 20 category. Hima (18) made the record, clocking 51.46 seconds while Romania's Andrea miklos clocked 52.07 seconds coming second, while US girl Taylor Manson won the bronze medal, clocking 52.28 seconds.
The time charts in the semi finals was also lead overall by Hima Das, with 52.10 seconds. It was in April that the Assam girl had finished sixth in the commonwealth games, in 400m final with timing of 51.32 seconds, and in the recent national interstate championship in Guwahati she further bettered timing with 51.13 seconds.
Hima Das now joins the league of Neeraj Chopra who had clinched gold in
javelin throw in 2016 event held in Poland with a world record.
Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS? According to sources AP Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu revealed that he wanted to contest the elections in alliance with the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) in Telangana state but the BJP had spoiled these plans. Meanwhile he claimed that if the TDP and TRS ally, the Telugu people would become strong. Hence the BJP had created differences and spoiled the alliance between the TDP and TRS.
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi