Indian sprinter Hima Das, has won a gold medal in the 400 m final of IAAF world athletics championships at Tampere, Finland, in the under 20 category. Hima (18) made the record, clocking 51.46 seconds while Romania's Andrea miklos clocked 52.07 seconds coming second, while US girl Taylor Manson won the bronze medal, clocking 52.28 seconds.
The time charts in the semi finals was also lead overall by Hima Das, with 52.10 seconds. It was in April that the Assam girl had finished sixth in the commonwealth games, in 400m final with timing of 51.32 seconds, and in the recent national interstate championship in Guwahati she further bettered timing with 51.13 seconds.
Hima Das now joins the league of Neeraj Chopra who had clinched gold in
javelin throw in 2016 event held in Poland with a world record.
Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple Chennai sources made a statement that Tamilnadu created many spiritual leaders including those from Jains to serve the people. Meanwhile this was also the objective of the late chief minister J. Jayalalitha, who had taken a political path. Accordingly Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami said in Acharya Shree Mahashraman Chaturmas Pravas Vyavastha Samiti held in the city, on Saturday. “Jain saints and late Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha converge on same ideals”.
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities